We all know and love popcorn. It’s a classic snack that’s perfect for any occasion. But what about those times when you want something a little crazier than your average bowl of popcorn? These five crazy popcorn recipes will take your popcorn game to the next level.
Greek-Spiced Popcorn Recipe
Who said that you can’t eat popcorn while you’re on a diet? Luckily, this Mediterranean-style spiced popcorn recipe is the perfect healthy snack that you will definitely love!
Above all, popcorn can be healthy or unhealthy depending on how you pop the kernels and what type of spices or toppings you add. If you are trying to lose weight, experts advise that you make popcorn without oil and avoid unhealthy toppings such as butter or caramel. Fortunately, this Greek-spiced recipe has a delicious array of healthy spices that your taste buds will love.
- 8 cups of already popped popcorn
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of dried ground lemon peel (which can be found in the spice aisle at your local supermarket)
- ½ tablespoon of onion powder
- Feta cheese (for the precise Greek affair, go for the goats’ milk Feta)
- Firstly, combine the dried dill, dried ground lemon peel, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Secondly, lightly sprinkle olive oil over the popcorn in a bowl for a light coat. This will help the flavor stick to the popcorn.
- Afterward, add the spice mixture to the popcorn bowl and toss until a full coat is achieved.
- Finally, for the finishing touch, crumble the feta on top.
Enjoy up to four servings of this delicacy!
Check out our Halloween popcorn recipes next.
Spicy Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Chocolate is amazing comfort food that can radically transform the taste of any snack or meal. This is because it carries an undeniably delicious sweetness that can come in the form of bite-sized chocolate chips or creamy melted chocolate.
If you are looking for something sweet and crunchy, this spicy chocolate popcorn recipe is a perfect choice!
- Popped popcorn (mushroom popcorn is the best variety for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- ¾ cup of melted Nutella
- Coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- A dash of cumin
- First, add the melted Nutella, a half tablespoon of coconut oil, cayenne, cumin, and salt to a bowl and stir. Use more oil, though, if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Next, drizzle the mixture onto the popcorn and toss until it is fully coated.
- Finally, cool in a fridge.
The popcorn is ready to serve!
Skittles Popcorn Recipe
Once you have had enough of spice-based recipes, it is time for a sweet and colorful treat with none other than the world-famous candy Skittles.
Unfortunately, the plain white color of popcorn can get a little boring. Luckily, you can easily change this by adding a dash of color with a pack of delicious Skittles. If you have a sweet tooth, this is about to be your favorite treat!
- A pack of your favorite Skittles
- 2 cups white chocolate candy
- ½ cup of Kernels/unpopped popcorn
- Crush your Skittles for the flavor to pop. Leave some whole to ensure there is a pop of color.
- Then add the crushed Skittles to the kernel of popcorn and mix.
- Pop your kernels (preferably using an air popper).
- Next, coat the popped popcorn with melted white chocolate.
- Finally, chill the popcorn for a few minutes to allow hardening, and it is ready to serve!
Oreo Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn offers an amazing crunch with every bite. Therefore, this Oreo popcorn recipe is the right way to go if you want to take crunchiness to the next level.
Once you get a taste of this dynamic duo, you will never want to eat plain Oreos again. In other words, it is simply a match made in heaven!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup of mini-Oreos of your choice
- 2 cups of smoothly melted vanilla candy coating
- 15 finely crushed Oreos
- Firstly, pop the kernels and pick out any unpopped pieces.
- Add in your mini-Oreos and ensure the popcorn is fully coated.
- Drizzle the melted vanilla and toss till full coating.
- Next, it is time to add your finely crushed Oreos until a full coat is achieved.
- Finally, chill it and allow it to harden.
Margarita Glazed Popcorn Recipe
Go ahead and re-read that title. Yes, it says “margarita!”
This 10-minute recipe is a game-changer for adults. It is similar to caramel popcorn but now substituted with margarita mix and tequila. Perhaps you might be thinking, doesn’t tequila burn? Don’t worry because we are just about to explain the best technique to ensure the best results.
- ½ cup of Margarita mix
- 15ml or ½ ounce of tequila
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 6 cups of popped popcorn
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, Margarita mix, and sugar.
- Secondly, bring the mixture to a boil for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Then, add in your tequila.
- Drizzle the mixture over the popped popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Finally, allow your popcorn to cool for a few minutes.
Your popcorn is ready for up to two servings. Enjoy! For 5 more crazy popcorn recipes, click here.
Think Outside The Box
Research shows that butter is the most popular popcorn flavor. However, eating the same type of popcorn every day can get quite boring. Fortunately, you can spice up your favorite snack with these five crazy popcorn recipes you hadn’t thought of.
In addition, you can always experiment with your own favorite kitchen ingredients and come up with your own unique recipes.
Next, check out some terrific popcorn recipes to make with kids.